Shuffling is an essential process in all card games that allows you to randomize the positions of cards in a deck. It seems to be a completely useless skill, but it is not so because shuffling methods will help you:
- Balance your chances of winning. No one has canceled out the possibility of cheating during the game. Therefore, the best defense against this will be the correct shuffling of cards;
- Make the game more exciting. During the graceful shuffling of cards, you are already really starting to dive into the game along with those around you!
- Look more professional. After all, it might be embarrassing to have a chic Yu-Gi-Oh! deck in your collection and shuffle cards at the level of a newbie.
We offer a brief introduction to the most popular card shuffling methods below.
1. Overhand Shuffle
The first method is called Overhand Shuffle. You probably already understand how to do it, since this is the way most people prefer. It is usually taught to children 10-12 years old by their immediate family during family games. The shuffling takes place in the following way:
- The deck is held with one hand by the ends, facing inward;
- With the thumb of the other hand, small stacks of cards are removed, which fall into the palm.
2. Riffle Shuffle
The Riffle Shuffle is the best way to shuffle cards when playing card tournaments, so it will not be superfluous to use this method before starting to play Yu-Gi-Oh! This card shuffle is performed as follows:
- The deck is divided roughly equally in half, with a stack of cards in each hand;
- Holding the cards by the ends with both hands, flip through the cards with your thumbs. In this case, the ends of the cards from both piles must alternately fall and intersect;
- Then the cards are simply shifted, connecting the deck again. It turns out that the cards from the two piles alternate.
3. Hindu Shuffle
Hindu Shuffle is a rather unusual shuffle, but it is very common in Asia. In part, this shuffle resembles a top-down shuffle. But in the Indian method, the cards move along the long side in a horizontal position. Mixing is performed as follows:
- The deck lies in one palm, and small stacks of cards are removed from it with the other hand;
- The capture is performed from below, along with the long ends of the deck with the thumb on one side and the rest of the fingers on the other;
- So with a deck in one hand, remove a stack from its top with the other hand and leave the cards in it; then another stack, then another, and so on.
4. Chimney Shuffle
If you find the above shuffling methods too difficult for you, then use this Chimney Shuffle method:
- Take the cards and randomly place them face down on the table;
- Using randomized movements, start to shuffle Yu-Gi-Oh cards by mixing them with both hands;
- It remains only to collect the resulting deck in a heap.
Why Can’t You Shuffle Cards Underneath The Table In A Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament?
First of all, card shuffling is intended solely for fair play. But this feature is easily canceled if you decide to shuffle the cards under the table. Therefore, be sure that you will not be allowed to use such a technique in the Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament. After all, there is a possibility that you intend to fold the cards in a convenient order for you.
Yu Gi Oh! is an exciting game, and its main feature is the amazing randomness of game situations, which is ensured by the correct shuffle of cards. Thus, the game becomes replayable and, therefore, more fun! So use one of our shuffling methods, and may luck be on your side!
High Time To Shuffle Your Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck On Brand New Custom Playmat
If you have a deck of Yu-Gi-Oh! and a desire to decorate an unusual play space, then you are already on the way to creating your own playmat! In such a way, you can make the game even more exciting. Plus, the incredible and high-quality playmats have next advantages:
- Reliable protection. The cards and the protectors of any collectible card game get dirty over time, slip on the table, and the back and corners of the cards wear out, causing discomfort and spoiling the game experience. So every professional player knows how much more enjoyable it is to play on the playmat;
- Replenishment of the collection. If you are an avid fan of Yu-Gi-Oh!, then the playmat will be an incredible addition to your collection;
- Diverse design. The playing field is the foundation of the game. It goes through the entire main process, which creates the whole impression of the play. Having created your personal playmat design for Yu-Gi-Oh!, you will bring a new experience to the game.
How Many Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards Are There?
To date, it is believed that the official Yu-Gi-Oh has 12,456 cards. At the same time, the collectible card game has 11,145 cards.
What Is The Best Yu-Gi-Oh! Card?
The best Yu-Gi-Oh card is considered Last Turn. This card has the power to change the entire game.
What Are The Most Useless Cards In Yu-Gi-Oh!?
The least useful Yu-Gi-Oh cards are:
- Sword Slasher;
- Cold Feet;
- Zone Eater;
- Fortress Whale;
- Red Eyes Black Metal Dragon;
- Dark Sage.
Why Are Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards So Expensive?
Yu-Gi-Oh cards are so expensive because they are rarely found in good condition. Use a playmat to keep the deck free from possible defects and keep it at a good price.