Shipping Trading Cards: Cheapest Way To Ship Trading Cards
As TCGs' fan base grew, it became necessary to send cards by mail. But postal services always try to make as much money as possible by sending cards. Shipping trading cards in a cost-effective manner is essential. There are many reasons why it's important to ship cards cost-effectively:
- Saving money;
- Increasing profit;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction;
- Maintaining reputation shipping.
But when shipping trading cards, focusing on safety and security is vital. Finding the right balance between cost and quality can provide a positive customer experience while saving money on shipping fees.
In our article, we will tell you all about the best way to ship trading cards. It will help you to reduce the cost of sending cards by mail. Read our article to the end. And you can save your investments without losing the shipping quality.
What Affects Shipping Costs For Trading Cards
The cost of shipping trading cards can vary depending on several factors. Understanding what affects the shipping cost helps choose the most cost-effective option. It helps save money on fees. Here are some factors that can affect the costs of sending TCG cards:
- Package weight and dimensions. The heavier and larger the package, the higher the shipping cost. When sending trading cards, using the smallest possible package is essential. It's to cut the weight and dimensions and reduce the postal service cost;
- Destination. The destination is another significant factor that affects the postal service cost. Shipping to a nearby location is generally less expensive. But sending it to a residential address is usually more expensive;
- Speed. Faster shipping options, such as express or overnight shipping, are generally more expensive. For the cheapest way to ship trading cards, choose an option providing a good level of safety and security;
- Packaging materials. The packaging materials used to ship cards can also affect the cost. Choosing high-quality packaging materials can provide extra protection for the cards. But it can also add to the shipping cost;
- Provider. Different carriers and services have different rates and fees. USPS is generally the most affordable variant for small packages. And other carriers like FedEx or UPS may be more expensive.
The Cheapest Ways To Ship Trading Cards
If you're looking to keep costs low, there are a few things you can do to help cut expenses:
- Keep the size and weight of your cards in mind. The smaller and lighter your cards are, the less it will cost to ship them. Consider using thinner cardstock or minimizing packaging to reduce weight;
- Use cost-effective packaging materials. Consider using bubble mailers. These are typically cheaper than boxes;
- Use a shipping platform that offers discounted rates. Consider using a platform like Pirate Ship. It offers discounted shipping rates for packages of all sizes;
- Offer free shipping to customers who order many cards. This can incentivize customers to buy more cards at once, which will help you save on costs;
- Consider selling your cards in bulk to retailers or collectors. You can save on shipping costs by sending all the cards in one shipment.
How To Prepare And Ship Trading Cards Safely And Cost Effectively
Postal services are among the most popular in the world. But not all postal services are ready to provide quality packaging for your product.
Regarding shipping trading cards, ensuring they are packaged safely and securely is vital. It's to prevent damage or loss during transit. Additionally, cost-effectiveness is another critical factor to consider when shipping trading cards.
In the following blocks, we will tell you how to pack your cards before shipping. With our short guide, you can do it without mistakes and get the most benefit.
Here are some essential steps to prepare and ship cards.
Packing A Trading Card
The first thing that comes to mind is how to package trading cards. It’s because to ship trading cards safely, you should package them correctly. The key is to protect the cards from any potential damage. It includes bending, warping, or scratches. Here is the best way to pack trading cards to ship them:
- Begin by placing the trading card into a protective sleeve. This helps prevent the card's edges and surface from getting scratched or damaged. It's vital during the sending process;
- Next, insert the sleeved card into a toploader. Toploaders are rigid plastic holders. They provide an extra layer of protection to the card. You can also add tape to secure the card inside the toploader;
- If you're shipping many cards, place them in a cardholder or deck box to keep them organized and secure. Make sure to include any necessary dividers. They are to prevent the cards from rubbing against each other;
- Put the cards and any accompanying items, such as a note or invoice, in a bubble mailer. A bubble mailer provides extra protection to the package during transit. And it helps keep the shipping cost low;
- Seal the envelope securely and add any necessary shipping labels.
Once you have packaged the trading card safely, it's time to add a label. Labeling is essential. It ensures the package is delivered to the correct address. And it helps track the shipment during transit. Here are some essential tips for labeling your trading card package:
- Double-check the shipping trading cards address to ensure it is correct. Any mistakes can result in the package being returned to you or sent to the wrong address. It can cause unnecessary delays;
- Include the buyer's name and contact information. You need it in case there are any issues with the delivery. It also helps to have your contact information if the package is returned or lost;
- Label the item with the weight and postage with a bubble mailer or padded envelope. An incorrect weight or insufficient postage leads to the package returning.
Now that your trading card package has a label, it's time to consider how to mail trading cards. There are several different shipping options to choose from. Each has its own cost and delivery time. Here are some common shipping options:
- USPS First Class Mail. This is a cost-effective option for packages weighing less than 16 ounces. It also provides tracking for no extra cost;
- USPS Priority Mail. This is a faster shipping trading cards option. It includes tracking information and insurance up to $50. The cost is higher than First Class Mail. But it can be more reliable for time-sensitive shipments;
- USPS Priority Mail Express. This is the fastest shipping option available. It includes guaranteed overnight delivery, tracking information, and insurance up to $100. It is the most expensive shipping option, but it can be useful for urgent shipments.
Other Important Considerations
Here are some extra steps to keep in mind when shipping trading cards:
- Insure high-value trading cards to protect against loss or damage during transit. You can do it through USPS or through a third-party shipping insurance provider;
- Avoid using regular envelopes for shipping trading cards. They provide very little protection and are more likely to get damaged or be lost during transit;
- Consider using a shipping service that provides tracking information. With it, you can check your package's delivery status;
- Use a shipping scale to weigh your package accurately. It's to avoid overpaying for shipping card fees;
- Include a packing slip or invoice with the shipment. It's to ensure that the recipient can easily identify the contents of the package;
- Take clear photographs of the packaged trading cards before shipping them. It provides evidence of their condition in case of disputes or claims for damage;
- Consider adding a "fragile" label or a "do not bend" label to the package. This can help to alert the postal carrier to handle the package with extra care during transit.
What Will You Get With Cheap Card Shipping?
Sending cards cheaply gives you several advantages. Let's look at them all:
- One of the most significant benefits is saving money. Shipping fees can add up quickly. Especially if you frequently buy, sell, or trade trading cards. You can significantly reduce your shipping expenses with cost-effective shipping options and methods;
- Shipping cards in a cost-effective manner can also help increase your profit margins. With it, you can offer your customers more competitive prices. It can lead to increased sales and profits;
- Another benefit of shipping trading cards in a cost-effective manner is that it can help ensure customer satisfaction. With high-quality packaging materials and reliable shipping, the cards arrive without damage. This can help prevent disputes and returns. And it ensures that your customers are happy with their cards;
- And last but not the least benefit of shipping trading cards in a cost-effective manner is that it can help maintain your reputation. With a safe and cost-effective manner, customers are more likely to trust you and do business with you again in the future.
As a result, sending your Pokémon or MTG cards can be quite a cheap process. For the best way to ship trading cards, plan your shipment and choose cheap service providers. Focus on sending cards in large quantities and choose a minimum weight. Thus, you can reduce the cost of your shipment and get benefits. Also, use our blog post as your manual tip for getting the cheapest way to ship trading cards.
What Is The Cheapest Way To Ship Trading Cards?
The cheapest way to ship trading cards is through USPS First Class Mail. This method is the most cost-effective for lightweight packages. And it can include tracking information at no extra cost.
What Kind Of Packaging Should I Use To Ship Trading Cards?
A bubble mailer is the most common packaging used for trading cards. This provides a layer of protection for the cards. And it's keeping the package lightweight to save on shipping costs.
Should I Insure My Trading Cards When Shipping Them?
It is generally recommended to insure high-value trading cards when shipping them. It's to protect against loss or damage during transit. You can do it through USPS or through a third-party shipping insurance provider.
Can I Use A Regular Envelope To Ship Trading Cards?
While using a regular envelope to ship trading cards is possible, it is not recommended. Regular envelopes provide very little protection for the cards. And they are more likely to get damaged. It is better to use a bubble mailer or padded envelope to ensure the safe arrival of the trading cards.